We Enhance Sustainable Environments by Infusing Technology Designed to Maximize the Operational Output of Building Efficiency.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT SOLUTION FOR YOUR CRITICAL ENVIRONMENT
Our turnkey services and engineering support capabilities can be provided separately or combined for an integrated solution that delivers the results needed to achieve your optimization goals and objectives.
Turnkey Project Management
End-to-End support from concept and design through project management & commissioning to scope and budget.
Our building technologies service can unlock untapped savings by controlling & managing your energy use.
Command center live monitoring, strategic action and service that minimize operational disruptions and optimize performance.
Engineered solutions for HVAC, critical power, thermal applications to control temperature, humidity & IAQ.
Parts & Service
Factory-trained & certified OEM service provider, including start-up, configuration & inspection qualification.
Clean-tech solutions, including solar development consulting, energy master planning, and implementation.
your partner for sustainable healthcare facilities
StarkTech provides our clients with complete building management solutions, from green building design and construction to complete energy auditing, energy savings and sustainable building maintenance.
Climate change is happening, and the effects are being felt today. A rise in global temperatures will have a catastrophic impact on humanity. Still, healthcare is also a significant contributor to environmental degradation due to its heavy reliance on fossil fuel-based energy and chemical inputs. As we move towards a healthier planet, we must find ways to reduce health care’s role in climate change. Health care is a significant contributor to the environment. As the world’s population continues to grow, so do our needs for health care. It’s estimated that by 2050, 2 billion more people will live on this planet than there are today—and they all need access to affordable health care.
Hospitals are known for their commitment to the environment and patient care, but the sustainability of the facilities themselves could use improvement. The answer lies in better building design and construction. While it largely depends on city and state regulations, market factors, and resource availability, hospitals can use alternative energy to lower their grid demand and carbon footprint. Investments in onsite renewable energy can be costly upfront, but the financial savings and environmental benefits pay off those costs in the long term. More than just purchasing a single piece of energy-efficient equipment or enforcing a recycling policy, improving sustainability performance requires healthcare facilities to create a green company culture that empowers employees and guides action.
Stark Tech helps healthcare organizations make their buildings greener, increase operational efficiency and become more sustainable organizations in the process. Our goal is to provide you with complete control over your facility’s building management.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
Our clients recognize and value our distinctive and validated approach. No other organization matches our combination of building and energy systems expertise, analytics platform, engineering, & IT network professionals.
In a quick 16-week turnaround, Stark Tech was able to install dehumidifiers to maintain tight humidity control in order to achieve the cleanroom conditions needed to convert the 306,000 sq. ft. warehouse into a mass production site.
Critical Power and
In a green architecture design, Stark Tech incorporated a vegetated lower roof and photovoltaic collector on the upper roof with integrated temperature and lighting controls to maintain parameters that save energy and cost.
BUFFALO STATE UNIVERSITY
Protective Systems and
Master Systems Integration
The project is a 350 scfm waste water treatment plant. “The ability to capture biogas from our sewage (and transform it into RNG) is the type of innovative project that will help us reach our renewable energy goals sooner rather than later.”
Design and Fabrication
of an RNG Skid System
how sustainability works to ensure quality of life
Sustainability is a business challenge that requires a new, more holistic, and collaborative approach. To succeed, Stark Tech partners with healthcare facilities to increase efficiency and reduce costs while improving outcomes.
The healthcare industry accounts for approximately 4% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions.
Publicly funded hospitals emit 2.5 times the amount of greenhouse gases as commercial buildings.
The amount of waste generated by healthcare facilities per day per bed equals 28.6 pounds.
The percentage of hospital waste generated per bed per day that is considered to be hazardous.
REQUEST A FREE PROJECT ASSESSMENT PLAN
Stark Tech has a long history of renewable energy and facilities management. Our unique six-step process accounts for all phases of development & commissioning processes.
Six Step Approach
- Customer Requirements & Evaluation;
- Project design and engineering based on life-cycle modeling and forecasting;
- Evaluation, selection, and coordination of project vendors and sub-contractors;
- Project permitting and jurisdictional post-installation inspection;
- Project Implementation & Construction Management;
- Final system commissioning and benchmarking.
Stark’s boiler group worked with a mechanical contractor and engineer to design and implement a custom O-Style 60,000 lbs. per hour Victory Energy boiler system. The system replaced a 30,000 pph system and integrated with two existing boiler units installed in 1968.
- Design & project phasing coordination
- Conversion of existing dual-fuel boilers from #6 to #4 fuel oil for backup fuel
- Supplied custom built boiler with double the capacity in the same footprint
- High turndown burner allowed the same minimum load for double the capacity at full load
- Ancillary equipment, including economizer, blow down separator, gas, steam, water flow meters, #2 oil fuel pump set
- Startup and commissioning of new boiler with natural gas as primary, #2 oil secondary
- Tied new boiler into existing Yokogawa SCADA system, adding touchscreen interfaces to all boilers
Boiler Expertise Highlights:
- Design build capability with partners in mechanical contractors, mechanical engineers and site owners to create solutions that minimize downtime and ensure redundancy
- Large Central Plant Equipment including custom steam boilers, high-efficiency boilers, ancillary steam equipment
- SCADA System Support with extensive knowledge of boiler room controls systems
- 24/7 Service and Maintenance with extensive expertise in steam applications